Block for OUYA Open Beta
Over the last few weeks I’ve been taking the Super Block (Snake meets Super Hexagon) prototype in to Unity and now on to OUYA. The process has been less than smooth (setting up Unity for OUYA is a pain, but you can follow these steps on an ideal OUYA Unity dev environment) and I’m now looking for your help.
I’m giving the game away for free as a beta, but in return I’d like your thoughts and feedback in a quick email.
How to Install
- Turn on your OUYA
- Go to Make > Software > Browser
- Navigate to tinyurl.com/blockbeta2
- Wait for the file to download
- Go to Manage > System > Advanced > Storage > Downloads (exit browser using the OUYA button)
- Select block_ouya_beta_1.apk to install it
- Select Open or go to Play
Once you played for a bit, let me know what you think by sending me an email! Here’s what’s interesting to me:
- What did you like about the game?
- What did you dislike?
- How long did you play for?
- Did you understand it?
- What was your top score?
- What other features would you like to see?
- What bugs did you encounter?
- Ideas for a new name (Block is a bit naff, right?)
Also, any other thoughts you have that aren’t included in the build notes below.
All beta testers will get there name in the credits on this site plus good karma.
Build Notes v2
- New music and SFX
- UI less intrusive
- There’s a bug which allows the block to be hidden on the edge of the screen
- Some slowdown
- No front menu / difficulty / unlocks
- Top score can be reset with U button
- Only supports official OUYA controllers