Today new industry magazine Wireframe hit shelves across the UK. My eight page article The Mathematics of Balance: Part 1 features, giving a complete introduction to curves and probability. While the mag costs a measly £3, you may know that I’m a big fan of free things. Well, the good news is you can download the whole thing for sweet FA.
There’s some incredible writing throughout, including:
- Physics of arcade classic Defender.
- The design theory behind videogame cities.
- The early, turbulent days of the UK games industry.
- Artful workarounds developers use.
- How Portal was “demade” for the C64.
Go grab it and give it a read over the weekend.